Image Map

Thursday, March 29

Strike that one of the 30 for 30: Locks of Love!!!

I have been long over due for a hair cut.
In fact, I don't even remember the last haircut I had; it was probably over a year ago.
I have always wanted to give my hair to Locks of Love, and have had many opportunities, but have never taken them. 
But recently, I have decided to live more intentionally and to give of myself more.
Right now I don't have the monetary funds to give to many organizations, but I sure did have the hair!
So on monday I called and made an appointment at a salon here in Raleigh.
{Brave move if I do say so myself. I have never been to this salon or stylist! but she was awesome!}

I did it! I finally made the big cut and gave my hair to someone who needs and deserves it much more than I do. I love my new hair-do, but I am much happier with the fact that someone will be able to have a beautiful hairpiece to wear in tough times. I just wish now that I could know the story of the little girl or boy who will get to wear my hair!

As a side story before the pictures, I remember when my grandma battled breast cancer, I helped her put on her wig. It is the little things like that that make those relationships so special. I know that as soon as I call her she will be very proud, and she just may cry.

*I am sad that no one was able to capture the moment with a real camera but I do have some instagramed before and after pics for you!

BEFORE!


THE HAIR
{my sort layer, 8" and my long layer 10"}

THE NEW DO


Oh and don't forget to click on the 30 for 30 tab to see one of my goals crossed through!!!!

10 comments:

  1. You are a sweetheart! You definitely had a lot of hair... it will make someone very happy :) Your new do is super cute also! It'll be great for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, you ar too kind, I am so glad I finally did it!
      ~Clara

      Delete
  2. OMG I've been wanting to do this but then I have moments where I just can't let go of my hair quite yet :/ one day though!! Great for you though!! I'm loving the new look.


    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I went back and forth so much that I finally just did it and didn't even really think about it... yeiks! I am so glad I did it now though!
      I will miss the Katniss braid though :( haha
      ~Clara

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think you should start back blogging!!! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It looks great!

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally want to get my hair cut now! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it! I think you would look super cute with a short cut! :)
      It sure does make you feel lighter to have less hair!
      ~Clara

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara