Image Map

Thursday, March 8

Sacrificial Spring Break: Day 3 & 4

Sacrificial Spring Break is only partly about what we can give back to others, because of the great love Christ gave us; but it is also about allowing God to work in our lives through others and through experiences.

What we do this week, like lay mulch and paint and plant plants will fade away into the daily scene and will be once again over taken by the weeds and filth, but Christ has a much greater plan at work through it all. Although we may never see the real fruit of this week's labor, we can have faith that our labor through Christ's strength and in His power will reveal in others a greater hope. 
As Christians we have found that greater hope, and should desire to share it relentlessly with everyone we see. 
My prayer as I close out this week and enter into another week, filled normalcy, is that I would be truly filled with the Holy Spirit, and that his love living in my would be so great, that I could not contain that love an truth. I know that my life right now is one that says, "I can contain the Holy Spirit within me" and I am ashamed and saddened by that fact. I know that this can only be changed and accomplished through Christ alone. I pray that I would be more intentional in my faith in a way I have never been before.

I would explain in detail all that we have done this week at our work sites, but it gets laborious and tedious so I will allow the pictures to do the talking.

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: to who God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is christ in you: the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labor, striving according to his working, which works in me mightily."
~ Colossians 1:25-29

Planting Seeds With the kids at Neighbor to Neighbor 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara