Image Map

Monday, March 5

Sacrificial Spring Break : Day 1

It's 10 pm on night one of Sacrificial Spring Break, and my nails still have dirt underneath them, there is paint splatter in my hair, and I am exhausted from the work and bronchitis combo, but I am thrilled at what God has in store for this week. It has only been one day and we have only seen a glimpse of what is to come. I only have one goal or expectation for this week and that is to Glorify God! Last night, I prayed that no matter the task, or worksite, that I would bring glory to Him.

I love the way that Sacrificial Spring Break is set up because it gives us {as students} a place to come together from morning 'till night and grow, serve, worship, learn, fellowship, eat, and enjoy what God has given us. I could not be more thankful to Vintage 21 Church for the financial support and all the community groups and restaurants for the meals that they provide.

This week we are all working at a magnet school in the mornings. It is our goal to a) beautify the school as Christ came to beautify us through salvation, b) bring purpose to the projects as Christ did when he gave us life he gave us a purpose to that life, and c) bring a sustainable future as Christ did when he left the Holy Spirt on earth. We started beautifying this morning with lots of painting. I would love to be able to interact with the kids more but they are in class so I am going to try to just be more in prayer tomorrow as I am painting: praying for their future, for hope, for salvation, for leadership, for Godly mentors and parents.

In the afternoons, we all break up and work on 4 different projects. Ryan and I work on a project called Neighbor to Neighbor {N2N}. N2N is basically a "hub" for local ministries to come into down town Raleigh, for example, kids come there after school for tutoring and mentoring, they have a "come as you are church service" on Sundays, and a garden to provide food to the underprivileged in the area. Today we pulled weeds out of the garden in order to be able to plant the the vegetables tomorrow!

I am so thankful for this opportunity.
I pray for an open heart and a willing spirit.
I will leave you will some pictures from the day.

Worship
Painting
N2N Gardening

N2N Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara