Image Map

Monday, February 20

Keeping Focus

I must admit that life gets hectic,
and I often find my self beginning to seek satisfaction in so many earthly things. 

But on this Monday
{That started too early!}
I want to share with you what is on my heart
And what I have been reading in my new devotional book.

Ryan gave me this book:

I must admit that I read yesterday's reading today, but it really connected with what I find my self doing every day.

Here is a small part of February 20th's reading. 
{it is written as if Jesus is talking to you}

"SEEK MY FACE, and you will find more than you ever dreamed possible. Let me displace worry at the center of your being... I am the goal of all your searching. When you seek Me, you find Me and are satisfied. When lesser foals capture your attention, I fade into the background of your life. I am still there, watching and waiting; but you function as if you were alone."

I dont want to be living like I dont have Jesus, or need him.
I know that I can't do this alone, and life is only bound to get more complicated.

It is just so hard to admit to yourself that you are not self sufficient without Christ.

{If you are looking for a book to just start your Quite time, I recommend this one.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara