Image Map

Monday, April 21

Easter 2014

This past weekend we got to enjoy spending time with family as we celebrated Nora's First EASTER! It was wonderful and we enjoyed all the fun that came with each family dinner and get together. Nora was the center of attention of course and I am pretty sure we wouldn't have had it any other way. Her laughs were plentiful and the babbling was non-stop. She is at such a fun age, but then again they all are fun. I took over 400 pictures this weekend so narrowing that number down to the best of the best was hard. Very hard.

As I laid down last night, I reflected over the weekend and began to think about the real reason why we celebrate this holiday. The sacrifice and resurrection can so easily get lost in thee egg dying and hunts, the casseroles, the schedules, and who's wearing the best Easter dress (or suit). I honestly felt ashamed for the little amount of time I actually spent thinking about what a wonderful gift God gave us when he gave us eternal life. Despite my selfishness and unbelief at times, He still says my life for yours. He did something no man could do. It is only by His grace that I have been blessed with this life, and I don't want to take that for granted. I hope that even if you were like me and got caught up in the ritual of it all, you take just a few minutes to thank Him for covering our rags with a his white robe, for giving us life when we deserve death, and for adopting us as his children.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara