Image Map

Thursday, February 6

Easy Mexican Chili

Since moving to pretty much the middle of nowhere, I have had to really get serious about meal planning. Walmart is about 30 minutes away and the local grocery store is pretty small and more expensive. This week 3/6 of our meals were soups: Classic Chili, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and my Easy Mexican Chili. It's hard to spend hours in the kitchen, clean, read to Nora, and make it to the gym each night after she goes to bed. For that reason I am a fan of dinners I can put in the crock-pot during nap-time and SHAZAM dinner is ready! This isn't a "new" recipe, but I did make it up. The best part about this dinner is you can always have these ingredients and you can mix it up each time.


Ingredients List:
frozen corn
32 oz chicken broth
green chiles (drained)
diced tomatoes (drained)
black beans (drained)
canned chicken breast (drained)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 small chopped onion 
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro

Step 1: Put all the ingredients in your Crock-pot
Step 2: Open at dinner time, serve and enjoy!

Serving Suggestion: I made cornbread muffins (Jiffy Mix with one tbs of honey) to go along with the soup and it was amazing! Tortilla Chips would also be a great addition. Or a fresh chopped avocado for the top would be perfect! And Cheese makes everything better!



I hope you enjoy this recipe. The best part about it is, you know exactly what is in it! NO TACO SEASONING! If you have access to all organic ingredients then it can be 100% organic as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara