Image Map

Thursday, February 9

Psalms

I have been trying to read two to three chapters in Psalms everyday. 

I'll be honest, I am more like on an every-other-day schedule, but it is better than nothing. 

I really enjoy sitting down and reading a chapter with Ryan and talking about what stands out to us in the verses.

I thought I would share a few of the verses and thoughts that I have had as I have been reading through the book.

I prayed for discretion to be able to determine the lies of the world.
I feel like as women especially we are told so many lies about beauty and self worth.
"but his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Psalm 1:2
{The book "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh Demoss is an excellent book on this subject.}

In Psalm 2, I really loved this verse:
"Ask of me and I will make the nations your inheritance, and the ends o the earth your possession... blessed are those who take refuge in Him."

The thread or theme throughout these first few chapters at least seems to be of warriors and enemies.
When I was first reading it I asked myself, "How does this translate to our day."
Then I realized we don't fight literal wars like David was, but we fight wars agains our flesh with addictions and doubt and fear and lack of faith.

It is hard to read the Bible from cover to cover. 
I encourage you to pick a book and try to read it.

I am not a Biblical scholar or philosopher by any means, but I will share what got has given me to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! I love your comments, each of them make my day! So Comment Away!
~Clara